We are looking for a highly motivated and positive individual to manage the day to day running of the office whilst providing an effective reception service ensuring a consistent and professional level of service to callers and visitors.
• Using a range of office software, including email, spread sheets and databases
• Managing filing systems
• Developing and implementing new administrative systems such as record management
• Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
• Organising and chairing meetings with staff including typing up the agenda and taking minutes
• Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
• Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
• Reviewing and updating HR policies and ensuring they are adhered to
• Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
• Managing the meeting room diary and office calendar
• Man the reception desk and answering phones
• Ensure that all parts of the office are kept in a clean, professional and presentable state, and that the management provides an excellent working environment for staff - deal swiftly with any concerns highlighted by staff.
• Facilitate all desk moves, and any other office reorganisations.
• Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required.
• Well-presented and have a flexible and positive outlook to work.
• Team player with a professional, approachable and friendly personality.
• Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
• Self-motivated with an eye for detail - someone who takes care of the little things.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant experience as an Office Manager or Senior Receptionist preferably in a professional organisation.
• Good general IT skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner with ability to resolve issues appropriately.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Educated to GCSE standard, and ideally educated to A-level standard.
• Administration qualification would be of advantage.
• Strong Maths and English skills.
Hours and holiday:
• Holidays: 22 days per year plus bank and public holidays
• Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week with 1 hour for lunch per day (9:00am-5:30pm)
How to apply:
• To apply please send your full CV with covering letter to email@example.com. NO AGENCIES!